Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin Streamers


Our littlest pumpkin streamer.

Halloween is in full swing here in our house. Most of my decorations came out of the closet about a week ago, so now we've been working on our own. My daughter is 3 years old now, but she still has trouble with most of the advanced crafts. I saw a cute tutorial for a ghost windsock on Pinterest, and decided to try out something similar, a pumpkin streamer.




I found a cute, basic pumpkin outline here and rotated and flipped it to make a pattern. This pattern fits on an 8x11 paper, but it's easy to play around with the dimensions. It was the perfect size for my daughter to color, but I like the larger one for decorating. For them, I blew up the image to take up the entire sheet of paper. I printed them all on orange computer paper... mostly to use up my orange paper.

After printing up the pumpkins, we colored them and added faces. It's much easier for a preschooler to color on a whole sheet and cut the image out after. When all my pumpkins were cut out, we cut out crepe paper streamers also. Three to four feet is a good length for the streamers; shorter is easier to handle indoors. I then used a permanent glue stick to assemble them. I glued the streamers about halfway down the pumpkin, covered the other pumpkin in glue, and then sandwiched them together. After they were dry, I added a grommet to the top of each one. This gives them a nice sturdy hole to hang them by.

Large Pumpkin


DD's Pumpkin



This was a really fun, easy craft. My daughter got to color and then helped me pick out all the streamer colors and helped assemble them. They can also stay up through Thanksgiving too, which is nice!

All the Pumpkins



No comments:

Post a Comment