Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Craft Stick Spiderwebs




Late October, my daughter and I made some awesome little spiderwebs for Halloween decorations. I know it's a bit late, but these were too cute to not share. Wrapping the web was good practice for her hand/eye coordination and each one only took 5-10 minutes for her to make. I also had all the supplies on hand already, always a plus!


First, I gathered up everything we needed. I let my daughter pick out all the craft stick, yarn and pipe cleaner colors for all of the webs. I also used a hot glue gun for all the gluing. I glued 3 sticks into a star shape and then glued  the start of the yarn to the center. I found that foot of yarn was all my daughter could work with at a time. if she needed more, I just added more when she ran out.







I let her wrap the yarn however she wanted and secured the end with hot glue when she was finished. I then went back and glued down the last loop on the each spoke of the web since she couldn't pull the yarn very tight. My web didn't need this step, and it could probably be skipped for older kids also.







I then cut 4 pieces of pipe cleaner, 3 at 1.5 inches and the 4th slightly longer. I used the longer one to tightly wrap the other 3 together. I then spread out the legs and shaped the spider.


 I used a huge dollop of hot glue and smooshed him onto the web. I'd have to say the spiders are my favorite part; they turned out so cute!



















 This was a really cute craft, and I may make it again for winter using blue craft sticks and white yarn to make snowflakes.
  





No comments:

Post a Comment