Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Wonderful Padded Children's Stool!




This is such a cute idea!

 
My mother in law made this fabulous stool for my daughter, who absolutely loves it. It's such a cute idea and a really practical way to reuse those large buckets. I think this is the first one she's completed, and it turned out so great I wanted to share it here.  She's making a reversible style for another one of her grandchildren, and it already looks adorable too.

She saw an inspiration design somewhere and decided that she could make this project herself. She didn't work off of a pattern (which is amazing in and of itself) and based the dimensions of the cover off of the bucket she had available.



She used a corn syrup bucket, but any similar sized bucket would work fine. The cover has long slits in the side so that the handle can come through. This gives the cover a nice stream-lined fit and leaves it with a nice, functional handle.


 

 








 

The slits close up with cute novelty buttons and elastic loops, so when my daughter climbs onto it or pulls on the cover it has plenty of give and nothing tears. It's also really simple to take the cover off and put it back on, so it's easy to wash when needed.  


The bucket is empty and is very light. I imagine I could use it for storage, but for now it's nice that my daughter has no problem carrying it around the house by herself.
Dinosaur stickers FTW!

My mother in law decorated it with cute little applique flowers and sewed a 
nice large pocket onto the front for carrying around art supplies. 


 













This was one of the cutest home-made gifts I'd ever seen and I'm amazed that my mother in law was basically able to freehand the whole design. My daughter loves having a special seat, and I think that the potential for other designs and uses is limited only by imagination. She's a very talented sewer and I'm really excited to get to share this craft.






No comments:

Post a Comment