Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Trying Out the Original Dish Drying Mat

I received the Original Dish Drying Mat from Influenster to test and review. I was especially excited to receive this, because not everyone who qualified for the box received one.

I initially thought this would be another space-hogging kitchen gadget, but I've ended up using it on a regular basis and am very impressed with it. I have a fair amount of counter space that I can use for drying, and I definitely plan on picking up another Original Drying Mat, especially since the price point is only $4.99. I'm also planning on picking some up for gift giving. They're much more sanitary than using a plastic rack, and they're also able to either hang up by their loop or fold and go into a drawer.

I hand wash all of my dishes and basically just use my dishwasher as a giant, glorified drying rack. The only problem is that large bowls or pots and pans take up almost the entire bottom rack. Now, instead of hand drying the larger items, I lay them on the Original Dish Drying Mat and let them air dry on the counter.
The mat is huge and easily holds plenty of smaller items or a few very large ones. It's also very thick, absorbent, and quick-drying. At first, I was concerned that it would stay damp and mildew on the counter, but it's always dry by the time the dishes are. It's also machine washable, so I don't have to worry about funky smells building up in it either.



This is one of the most practical and useful products I've ever tested out and can definitely recommend it. I also went to the Original website and plan on checking out the Cookware Guards and the Fruit and Veggie Drying Mat next time I'm at Bed Bath & Beyond, where these are sold exclusively.



No comments:

Post a Comment